Regan and the lesson of the "hateful heart"

Today, Regan had a friend over to play. As the friend reached for one of Ella's toys I heard him say,

"No, you can't play with that! It's Ella's and...she has a....hateful heart"!

I have NO idea where he came up with this. I've never said it. Ron hasn't either.

BUT...

I was reminded of something I've known for a long time.

Without the transforming power of JESUS I have a hateful heart.

Ephesians 3:16-18

16 I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit.

Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him.

Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. 18 And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should,

how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is.

Thanks, Regan.

1 comment:

  1. Amen!

    I hope you enjoy a blessed and JOY filled Easter!!


    YSIC,
    gloria

    ReplyDelete

share some love...